Photo of attorneys Smith, Meier & Webb, LPA

Experienced Attorneys Diverse Practice
Personal Attention

Legal Counsel For Residential And Commercial Fire, Storm And Other Losses

It should come as no surprise that insurance companies are in the business to make money. While selling policies represents a large portion of their revenue, additional monies are generated by unfairly rejecting and limiting the amount of claims.

In selling policies to their customers, insurance companies claim to be allies and promise to be at their side should tragedy strike. However, when it came time to file a claim following a fire, storm or other disaster that resulted in significant losses, the relationship becomes more adversarial.

When Insurance Companies Act In Bad Faith

At the Springboro law firm of Smith, Meier & Webb, LPA, we represent Ohio residents and businesses that have suffered significant property damage due to fires, explosions, floods and storm damage. The simple act of filing claims resulted in disputes and bad faith practices that took the form of:

  • Refusing to conduct thorough, proper and timely investigations
  • Delaying, slowing or stalling payments
  • Refusing to pay the full value of the claim
  • Claim denials that are considered unreasonable
  • Unreasonable interpretation of policy language

We hold insurance companies accountable for their tactics in delaying or denying rightful claims of not only property damage, but also economic loss, emotional distress, and attorney fees and other lawsuit-related costs. You purchased a policy to protect you from a fire that occurred inside your residence or business or natural events that damaged the exterior of your house or commercial building.

You are entitled to the benefits you contracted and paid for.

Contact A Lawyer Regarding Residential And Commercial Losses

To learn how we can help find resolution to a dispute regarding a fire or storm claim, contact our Springboro office at 937-557-0128 or 513-445-5017 to schedule an appointment. You can also reach us online through our intake form.