Photo of attorneys Smith, Meier & Webb, LPA

Experienced Attorneys Diverse Practice
Personal Attention

Juvenile Crimes

When a juvenile makes a mistake or uses poor judgment, the consequences could follow the child for the rest of his or her life. Sometimes, parents think it is best for the child to learn a lesson by facing criminal charges, but it is important to consider how a juvenile record can affect the future. Colleges, employers, landlords and financial institutions may run background checks and deny people who have a record with an arrest, charge or conviction.

At the law office of Smith, Meier & Webb, LPA, we understand that it is critical to protect a child’s future. Our attorneys work hard to clear charges for innocent juveniles and manage outcomes for those who made a mistake. Our services include representing juveniles in court and expunging and sealing juvenile records from public searches. Speak with one of our lawyers to learn how we can help your family.

Representation By An Attorney Is Essential

Juveniles have a right to a defense and to legal representation. The firm’s experienced criminal defense attorneys can represent your child in any criminal case, including:

  • Underage drinking
  • Drunk driving
  • Traffic and driver’s license violations
  • Drug charges
  • Shoplifting and other theft crimes
  • Trespassing
  • Vandalism
  • School crimes

If a juvenile is found guilty by a judge in juvenile court, he or she is considered an adjudicated delinquent. Depending on the details of the offense, potential penalties may include probation, community service, house arrest/community control, curfew, fines or detention in a youth facility. If substance abuse is an issue, treatment and counseling may also be mandated.

We strive to keep juveniles out of detention facilities and get them the help they need so they do not become repeat offenders.

Learn How We Can Help Your Child

Please call our Springboro office at 937-557-0128 or 513-445-5017 for a consultation. You may also contact us online.