Photo of attorneys Smith, Meier & Webb, LPA

Experienced Attorneys Diverse Practice
Personal Attention

Aggressively Helpful Representation For Underage Drinking

If your college student has been charged with underage drinking, your best option would be to hire legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer can investigate your student’s charges and support him or her in and out of the courtroom.

Our attorneys at Smith, Meier & Webb, LPA, in Springboro believe that student offenders deserve a second chance. We provide quality local defense, and we will aggressively advocate on your student’s behalf.

Underage Drinking Has Strict Definitions, With Some Limited Exceptions

In the state of Ohio, it is illegal for minors to have any trace of alcohol in their system unless they are in the presence of and have been granted permission by a parent/legal guardian. It is also acceptable if the minor’s spouse is of age.

There are other circumstances where an exception is made for underage drinking. Consult with one of our attorneys to discuss your student’s case to find out if any exceptions apply.

Potential Consequences For An Underage Drinking Conviction

A conviction for underage drinking can entail a few different consequences, the first being the possibility of a $1,000 fine and six months in jail. If your student was charged during a fraternity or sorority party, they may be sued by the Greek organization because the party hosts may be liable for any damages incurred. As a minor on campus, the college/university has the right to penalize your student and possible penalties include: the loss of scholarships, suspension or dismissal from extracurricular teams and clubs, suspension or removal from campus housing.

Contact A Lawyer Today

It is in your student’s best interest to hire an attorney to provide clarity on what he or she may be facing and his or her alternatives. A strong underage drinking defense is vital for your student’s future. Our skilled attorneys have the experience and will work to get charges dismissed or reduced.

For a free consultation, contact us today at 937-557-0128 or by using this online contact form. We promptly answer email inquiries.