Photo of attorneys Smith, Meier & Webb, LPA

Experienced Attorneys Diverse Practice
Personal Attention

Modifying Existing Orders

Ohio family court recognizes that a family’s needs and income will change over time. This is why the court allows modifications to child support orders in some situations.

It is best to speak with an attorney before requesting a child support modification. At the law office of Smith, Meier & Webb, LPA, we understand how the support guidelines will apply to your financial and family circumstances. Whether you or the other parent has a high net worth or a modest income, we have the knowledge and experience to help you seek or contest a support modification. Attorney Mark D. Webb was formerly employed by the child support enforcement agency in Montgomery County and has a thorough understanding of Ohio child support law.

You Can Seek Or Contest Changes To Child Support

To modify child support orders, one party must prove that there has been a significant change of circumstances. Some of the most common reasons people request child support modifications may be granted for reasons such as an increase or decrease in a parent’s finances; a change in the health of a parent or child; or a change in the child’s needs.

Requests to modify the amount of child support may have different results than the parent seeking the modification expects. If you are requesting a change in child support, we recommend that you discuss your request with a lawyer first. We are up to date with court procedure and the child support guidelines and can help you understand how the court will consider your request in light of current circumstances.

Contact The Firm For An Appointment

Please call our Springboro office at 937-557-0128 or 513-445-5017 to schedule an appointment. You may also contact us online.