John D. Smith Co., L.P.A.
Call for a consultation
Menu Contact

Experienced Attorneys – Diverse Practice – Personal Attention

personal injury Archives

Suffer a personal injury or the loss of a loved one?

Have you suffered an injury or the loss of a loved one in an auto accident? Did a medical provider cause you or a loved one to suffer a personal injury? Did an incident at work leave you or a family member in pain and unable to return to work -- either temporarily or permanently? If so, according to the state of Ohio, you may have legal recourse.

Ohio personal injury: Recoverable damages following car accidents

Those who have suffered injuries in Ohio auto accidents likely have a number of questions about seeking compensation for their losses. Can they seek compensation? If they can, what damages are recoverable? Is pursuing a personal injury claim the right thing to do? An experienced attorney will have the ability to review one's case and answer these and any other questions one might have on the matter.

Ohio policeman suffers personal injury in crash

An Ohio policeman was driving near his home when his patrol car was forced off the road by an SUV. He suffered injuries in the event. It is unclear if the officer was on the clock at the time of the incident. If he was, workers' compensation may cover some of his losses; if he wasn't, receiving fair compensation may prove difficult. A personal injury claim could help him fight for maximum relief.

SUVs impact pedestrian personal injury and death statistics

Sport utility vehicles can be seen on roads all over the state of Ohio. The larger cars are quite popular for a number of reasons, and it would seem that they will continue to be the vehicle of choice for many people for the unforeseeable future. According to a recent report, the increase of SUV production and use over the last decade have had a negative impact on pedestrian safety. Pedestrians are suffering severe personal injury or even death more now than ever before. 

Ohio personal injury: Injured in a car accident?

You were going about your day, minding our own business when -- while out and about in your car -- your vehicle was struck by another automobile while in an intersection. You were hurt and had to be transported to a medical facility for treatment. Your life has just not been the same since. If the other driver is believed to be even partially responsible for your losses, you may be entitled to seek compensation by filing a personal injury claim against him or her in an Ohio civil court.

Is sleep apnea responsible for your personal injury?

Every day, Ohio residents wake up and leave the safety of their homes to go to work or school, run errands or participate in a number of activities. They do this with the hope that, at the end of the day, they will return home safely. Unfortunately, there are those who will and have found themselves involved in accidents with commercial vehicles, leaving them with significant personal injury that cause damages both economic and non-economic in nature. 

Suffer a personal injury at the hands of a medical provider?

Whether you were in good shape before going to the doctor or already dealing with an ailment, you sought medical care because you felt you should. You trusted your doctor to take good care of you. However, when all was said and done, you ended up suffering a personal injury because of the care you received. Ohio residents who are hurt at the hands of their medical providers may have legal recourse.

Have a wrongful death case? A personal injury attorney can help

Losing a loved one is never an easy thing to get through. When the loss is the result of another person's negligent actions, it can make the situation even more unbearable. If you are one of the many Ohio residents who thinks you may have a wrongful death case on your hands, a personal injury attorney with experience handling such cases may be able to help you seek compensation for your losses.

Ohio personal injury: 2 injured, 1 killed in crash

An Ohio family is mourning the loss of their 4-year-old child following a tragic car accident. A mother and her two children were in their SUV when it was struck by a truck, leaving all three injured. Sadly, the older of the two children later succumbed to his injuries. Per the laws of the state, the mother may be entitled to file personal injury and wrongful death claims against all those believed responsible for the losses suffered as a result of this event.

Contact The Firm — Free Initial Consultations For Personal Injury Clients

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

John D. Smith Co., L.P.A.
140 N. Main Street, Suite B
Springboro, OH 45066

Toll Free: 513-445-5017
Phone: 937-557-0128
Fax: 937-748-2712
Springboro Law Office Map

OUR Location